Repairing Playground Markings & Lines
Thermoplastic markings should last between 5 and 10 years
Thermoplastic markings should last between 5 and 10 years depending on the condition of the tarmac they are covering.
When these markings and sport court lines become damages and start to break up, either through time or incorrect installation it is possible to remove them and replace with new bright ones.
At first4playgrounds we can remove existing markings by using the following technique:
- break off any unwanted marking using a hammer & chisel
- prepare area to be covered with new markings using wire brush
- make sure area is completely dry using heat burner
- if surface is in very poor condition a suitable primer should be applied
- lay new games or court lines
- burn thermoplastic onto surface
At St Thomas Primary School in Bolton we were instructed to repair some thermoplastic lines to a game where sections of lines had lifted due to poor installation. This is a video of the work carried out:
Call us on 0191 487 3036 or email email@example.com